Asceticism
9.28.2008

This great lifestyle of abstaining from typical worldly pleasures, is a lifestyle so rare to find. Amongst a rough 25-30 students, and only two are placed into this catagory of "Security Seeking Asceticism". Majority of others put into the category of "Thrill-Seeking Materialism," and "Social Hedonism". Has everyone fallen into the temptations of short-lived pleasures, and sexual permissiveness?
Well, damn! I'm glad to say I fall into that rare first category. I guess this dates back to the foundation and importance of tradition, morals, and values. And back to that lifestyle where simplicity is the mere centre of it all. Where God is the center of it all. I guess I'm like an old woman at heart. Who gains from self-composure, and "Ria time". And just finding content in that inner peace where the connections of heart, soul, and mind intercept.
Besides, I'd rather "stay home and read," right?
sincerely, Rm , 9:39 PM,


