growth
11.29.2008
These past months have been a complete wake up call for me. Yes, I did not pursue what I initially wanted to straight after graduation. But, it has truly been a great learning experience for me. I can confidently say that this has been the first stepping stone towards the right path. I can honestly say that I've really taken the time to self-reflect and really understand what it is I really want for myself, and how I want to portray myself.
Despite the fact that each day was a struggle, my mind was at ease at some points during the day. And most of that time, being on a train, I focused on nothingness, with an open mind to simplicity. My mind and heart floated in the clouds thinking those "shoulda, coulda, woulda"s.
No, I do not care about elasticity, or why the demand curve affects the supply curve. No, I do not care about amortization, annuities, and how to find the semi-annual payment in a car loan. No, I do not care about product development, market expansion, pest, or swot. Neither would I give a crap about researching a case, and creating a market strategy for a company who is declining.
But you know what? I wouldn't have had it any other way.
I suppose it really took this semester to realize my passion for music and theatre! I'm not programmed to do anything else! This is what I was made to do; create my interpretation of art that is parallel to what is written on my heart and soul. I want to reach out to others and let them experience the poetic whirlwind that is infested within me. I want to inject them with something so intensified, that they endlessly crave for a daily dose.
I realized that nothing else stands equivalent to this love and passion. I can't possibly compare it, nor replace it. It's not as simple as, "get in, get learned, and get out". It's more than that! No, I can't fake my way through life, using money as the primary motivation! I am not a money-driven individual. At least not enough to educate myself for something that I'll wake up miserable every morning to. I am driven by passion. This is my key valence to motivation.
I want to live my life, giving back to God through the gift of art he has so blessed me with.
This is why I'm through with it.
sincerely, Rm , 2:47 AM,
1 He said She said
- At 29/11/08 8:35 PM, Charlene Marie said...
-
Yay. Praise God!
Where will you be taking this then? Most definitely not BCIT =)



