agebrackets
12.18.2008
I had an interesting talk today with some of my sister's friends. Taking their age into consideration, seeking love was one of the topics. True love, or picking up a girl/guy, regardless, it was said. Two things stood out significantly for me:
One was the fact that there are people out there whose main goal is to satisfy their egos. Okay, perhaps not their main goal, but indirectly that's why they're out on a Friday night. Whether it be a Guys/Girls Night Out, or a night to get over the one who broke their pitiful hearts. So what kinda love are these guys going for? I'm always given the impression that they're going for the cheap kind? Something temporary and recyclable? It's reasons like these that worry me when it comes to falling for somebody. It's this stupid, ridiculous trend our generation's in, settling almost entirely on self-gratification, or instant-gratification. What happened to looking at things on a long-term basis, and having a selfless perspective?
On a random note. Sandy mentioned that guys go for somebody like their mom. And then Bob agreed and added that they go for somebody on the same emotional level as their mothers. Wow, is this true? That's actually quite comforting. Why? Don't laugh, but i consider myself old-fashioned in a sense. People who actually know me, understand the way I am. I'm traditional when it comes to my values and morals. That being said...actually you get where I'm going with this.
Anyway, I'm turning nineteen soon. Heading into a new age bracket. It'll be strange being exposed to people with these wild habits. As i mentioned, I'm worried about being a target at some points. It's being disrespected that most disgusts me. Then again, it's up to me to not set myself up for any such situation.
sincerely, Rm , 2:26 AM,
1 He said She said
- At 18/12/08 11:19 PM, Jessa Ramos said...
-
aw, i like this...and i agree, boys are nast but sigh, what if?



