revealing my gratitude
1.18.2009
As I mentioned previously, I have been so blessed to have my prayers answered! Now that I reflect on it, it's insane how every aspect of it just fell into place. I kid you not, bra! It literally happened so smoothly, making it so much easier for me!
So this is an elaboration of what exactly went down... I realized how much I wanted this, just in time for an early application. Despite the time constraint they gave me, trying tackle all the required documents, it arrived in the office in time so that I can get a chance to audition. Now, in need of tap shoes, I went to Delta to find the store was open only for inventory. In other words, it was closed for customers. However, the store owner let me in, allowing me to browse the store for the right shoes. I told her my situation, and turns out... she's the mother of the dance instructor at the program I auditioned for! What an effing coinky-dink! HOLY. She was a great lady! She taught me a couple of tap combinations to prepare me. It was great, except I was a little worried having spent $110 on shoes that I only needed for three hours. Anyway... the script that contained the monologue arrived at my house days before the audition. So I was able to read about my character ahead of time to get a better knowledge of how I wanted to portray this character. So finally the audition date arrived. Nervous as hell...especially about the dance portion. Luckily, I was placed with two other auditioners who had about the same dance experience as I did. We were in the same level. And seirously, God just made it so easy for me! I walked out knowing I did my absolute best. And aside from dance, that was my absolute fear for that day, not being able to do my best, and holding back. The interviewers were able to see the passion and love I had for this, and I felt that they saw the potential in me. So it's absolutely insane how everything worked out!!
One thing I did realize though; I don't ever want a repeat of that feeling like last semester again. I felt like my true heart's dream was long gone! It was like I had lost my chance at ever succeeding. It literally felt like I let go a part of me. And I let it go because of my doubt. I had a huge lack of confidence in myself thinking there are better people out there, which is true. But I let it take me down to a point where I just gave up. I'm just so grateful things had turned around because God really saw and felt my heart's desires, and he answered my prayers!
Who knows! Maybe someday...
I told ya I'm ambitious!
sincerely, Rm , 12:01 AM,
2 He said She said
- At 18/1/09 8:42 AM, jonatron said...
-
WATCH IT SERIOUSLY! Theres so much more! I could easily pick out 5 more scenes to talk about! But that'd be kinda too much, HA! But seriously watch it! I TELL YOU! Like how you told me to watch slumdog, HA! I liked it too, so you can watch this, and like it aswel 8)
Tell me what?! That you got in!? What the frick! - At 20/1/09 4:27 PM, e.e said...
-
congrats!
your living the dream =)



