...that strips my conscious bare

reminisce
1.11.2009

Despite the crazy frightening stories I heard about the building I grew up in for eight years, it wasn't so bad revisiting. For some odd reason, I felt a layer of bravery over me. Okay..maybe not...I was just distracted by the great memories spent in that very place. Thinking, oh that's where she challenged me to jump to the third bar, or, that's where he peed on the wall. The count of memorable moments are endless! I peered through the fence with the photographic memory I thought I never had with overflowing images collecting in my little head attempting to grasp almost everything.

Walking down the alley, I envisioned myself at third grade, trying to jump from the rock to the once tall, metal-gated box. I imagined the freshly white-painted circles, which we hopped on at recess during my first years. And i vividly remembered the day they spraypainted concrete with the yellow line, not allowing us to surpass due to the scary bum that wandered along the side.
I looked up to the windows, seeing one window sill illuminate envisioning myself staring out at the old man in the next building. I chuckled.

Making our way to the front where it inclined to the corridors. I remembered the times when we'd hide undercover during the extremely chilly days..and by that time, we were privilleged to be intermediates. Us cool kids, with our skirts. You know you're cool when your uniform almost looks like a high school kilt! We peered through the corridor, and i instantly remembered the conversation myself and Mr. Egitto had about my moving to the city's suburb. And how I explained to him that traveling didn't matter because I loved the school so much! We had an understanding. It was in sixth grade. Also, it was that same corridor that me and my buddy, Eliza would walk through to get to the bathrooms.

To the main entrance, I recalled the numerous times where me and my friends would just stand there hoping the secretary, Nancy would have pity on us, and open the doors. ...she never did.

Afterward, we managed to reach the doors which led to my Kindergarden classroom. I smiled as I saw the coat hangers all aligned. Mine was the fourth from the right. Walking down, I reminisced the time when our class had our picnic, which was where I tasted honey for the first time. I hated it.
--
Now don't get me wrong. I was still a bit scared...just as much as I thought I'd be, after hearing those stories =S. And it was great walking around with great friends whom I grew up with during those uber amazing times in my life.

Damn, I miss it!

sincerely, Rm , 1:08 AM,

2 He said She said

At 11/1/09 1:38 PM, Blogger Stacy Ticne said...

sup homie! i want to get into the journalism program (:

 
At 11/1/09 7:03 PM, Blogger jonatron said...

HAH we'll go again..

And aw Ria <3 I SHALL listen to that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Take me back



Playlist

  • whole
  • surrendering
  • firstpieceof-insight-
  • blame
  • thankful
  • one
  • genesis
  • acceptance
  • whatadifference
  • justlikefamily.

...that strips my conscious bare.

  • author's profile
  • author's profile


    MusicPlaylistRingtones
    Create a MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com

    <data:blog.pageTitle/>