acceptance
12.30.2008
There is great importance in accepting the unacceptable, and protecting who you love...in my situation at least. Who knew I'd contemplate so much on what was said not long ago. Turns out I haven't been fulfilling my duty to protect my loved ones, and to defend them whenever needed. Instead, I jumped into the river and strolled along with the rest of them. Of course it shouldn't have been that way. It was my role to be like "hey, that's not right". To give reason as to why degrading this person's integrity is simply just..wrong! Omission to speak up was just as bad. And to add on, because of my mixed emotions of grief, anger and bitterness I was wrong to have shared it with people whom I barely even trusted...or even...at all.
As a matter of fact, it did take a couple of years. But with this realization, came acceptance. How would I defend this loved one if I couldn't even accept it? Yes, for years I was completely against it, as I am now. But, you could only do so much. You could only pray so much. Indirectly, it portrayed a sense of doubt I had on God's plan. I know our prayers will eventually take effect...but in its own time. In His own time. Thus, I'm beginning to accept it. I'm beginning to trust that this will eventually unfold the way it should, regardless of whether it will take 2 or 40 years. It will.
sincerely, Rm , 3:30 PM,


