...that strips my conscious bare

Comfortable
7.26.2009

Since I was a little girl, like many others, I was heavily exposed to an idealistic fantasy with enormous castles, talking unicorns, and of course, the handsome Prince Charming. And I grew up wanting exactly that; the perfect fairy tale. When the image was distorted with one simple flaw, without a second thought in my mind, I would immediately drop it. Why? Because it didn't meet my sky high standards. No such flaws could ever exist in my perfect fairy tale, I thought. But how was I to know any better--nobody told me.

I am a host of imperfection. So why the heck would I go searching for perfection? I am not saying that I've lowered my standards, I'm just stressing that I'm aware of human faults. If you asked me what I learned today, it's that our flaws make us unique. They distinguish our actions, our thoughts, and our words from one another. "My goal... is to find someone that has flaws that I can admire," he says. And I couldn't agree more.

Love is defined by acceptance and willingness to freely sacrifice for the other. And to have enough acceptance to not exactly overlook, but to admire one's imperfections says a lot. Flaws and All.


sincerely, Rm , 11:12 PM,

1 He said She said

At 3/8/09 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen my ate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Take me back



Playlist

  • Transatlanticism
  • Receive The Power
  • You had me at "Hello"
  • Call Me Irresponsible
  • Somethings Coming
  • Sketches of a Man
  • My One and Only Thrill
  • If The Stars Were Mine
  • love is waiting
  • simple kind of life

...that strips my conscious bare.

  • author's profile
  • author's profile


    MusicPlaylistRingtones
    Create a MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com

    <data:blog.pageTitle/>