...that strips my conscious bare

#7: Contentment
8.13.2008


Amongst almost every negative influence out there that has the power to penetrate some sort of false perspective, I'm glad to say, I've rose above it. God lent His knee to boost me up to a level where I can see beyond that.

Refusing to melt with every past insecurity, I can finally love myself in a way that i wasn't once able to. I am accepting my flaws, and my imperfections, knowing that perhaps a day will come when I grow out of them...or not. Nonetheless, I'm still growing. Still maturing. Still flourishing into a person who God wants me to be. I want to strive to lengthen the horizons of my knowledge, have a strong mental ability, strengthen my spirituality, and to safe guard my fragile emotions.

I could be contradicting some things I say. But, truthfully, there are times when I struggle. It's not exactly not loving myself that I have a problem struggling with, it's the fact that I am still concerned about my image, and how to carry it. I don't want to be. I guess its just the way I am. But, I wish I didn't have to try in order to have that assurance when I look in the mirror. I struggle with settling with one, single, love belonging to someone who matters much more above all. Besides, in the end, it's only in my heart that He sees.

I've gained this sense that there is no need to spend countless dawns worrying about why I look this way, or wondering why the hell I act like that. I'm flawed. I get it. But, I want to be through with wasting time disrespecting His choice of image for me. I aspire to spend life in appreciation.

"And He saw everything...and it was good"
Genesis 1:31

sincerely, Rm , 11:06 PM,

0 He said She said

Post a Comment

<< Take me back



Playlist

  • #6: The Gift of Life
  • #5:New Slate
  • Fresh
  • storyofmylife#2
  • #4: genuinesimplicity
  • storyofmylife#1
  • #3: Impermanence
  • SecretworldofOG
  • p0stsecret..
  • #2: faith

...that strips my conscious bare.

  • author's profile
  • author's profile


    MusicPlaylistRingtones
    Create a MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com

    <data:blog.pageTitle/>