...that strips my conscious bare

hondas unite!
12.02.2008

When we're together, we reminisce, share, catch up and bring up that same topic that always creeps up with explosive happiness. It was heart-warming. But, it's unfortunate that this happens every so...like never.

I listened to you guys as you spoke about your successes, and life post-graduation. The real life, if you will; talking about bills, the medical field, interesting experiences. It was all said. Then it began with Oh, you should be a cardio tech. Just to put it out there, cause you'll just be a struggling singer/actress, to put it bluntly. But wow. Doesn't that require an interview? What am i supposed to do, lie my way through? I've tried that! What was the result of that? Lighter wallet. Poor mom, and dad. But damn! It literally ripped my heart to shreds. Even the slightest thought of just straying away from what I want to do kills me. I felt like an ant being trampled over by 74 elephants in a circus stampede. I've said it before, I can't lie my way through to being 'happy'.
And you saw me. Don't feel pressured.

Suddenly it wasn't even about me anymore. I realized that it's times like these that make me miss you even more! Truthfully, it was the small things that have always impacted me. Like the times when you'd stay home on Friday nights just to watch Tales of the Crypt with me, instead of partying with your friends. How you were never ashamed to bring me along with your friends, despite my young age at the time. The times you'd surprise me with Christmas gifts regardless of the fact that you were broke as joke. And, most of all, the way you have always been there for me when mom couldn't be. You have taught me so much. Hell, you basically helped raise me. I love you. Despite everything.

Happy Birthday.

Till Saturday.

sincerely, Rm , 10:17 PM,

<< Take me back



Playlist

  • die CENGAGE diiiiiiiee mofuggaaa
  • sunday secret
  • the kinda fix i was talking about
  • growth
  • setting up sunday
  • escalading conflict
  • reocurring
  • sunday secret
  • do i dazzle you?
  • 1:19

...that strips my conscious bare.

  • author's profile
  • author's profile


    MusicPlaylistRingtones
    Create a MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com

    <data:blog.pageTitle/>