the first wrong move.
1.27.2009
Here's what Obama said himself just a couple of days ago:
On the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we are reminded that this decision not only protects women's health and reproductive freedom, but stands for a broader principle: that government should not intrude on our most private family matters. I remain committed to protecting a woman's right to choose.While this is a sensitive and often divisive issue, no matter what our views, we are united in our determination to prevent unintended pregnancies, reduce the need for abortion, and support women and families in the choices they make. To accomplish these goals, we must work to find common ground to expand access to affordable contraception, accurate health information, and preventative services.
On this anniversary, we must also recommit ourselves more broadly to ensuring that our daughters have the same rights and opportunities as our sons: the chance to attain a world-class education; to have fulfilling careers in any industry; to be treated fairly and paid equally for their work; and to have no limits on their dreams. That is what I want for women everywhere.
Now I've been wanting to speak out about this, because its one of those rub it in your face type, "Ah-hah, I was right!" type situation. This was exactly why I was Team McCain since day 1. He was a very traditional Republican who valued his morals. And I believe by incorporating values and morals to govern a country in order to hold a society together; everything else will fall into place.
What Obama's done, isn't much of a shocker to me because, yes, it triggers this definite 'change' he's been talking about. But its infuriating!! He's a great leader, don't get me wrong. But he's gonna screw up the country if he continues to pull stunts like this one! He's definitely giving justice to what he said about diversity/pro-choice...whatever. But, I mean, is it really necessary to allow the murdering of innocent unborn children to prove your a man of diversity and choice?
I was offended by Obama's statement that we are "to [ensure] that our daughters have the same rights and opportunities as our sons...to attain world-class education..and to have no limits to their dreams." He was basically feeding the world with this assumption/theory that pregnancy is now considered a burden? A curse to women? It disgusts me that he believes, as do many Americans, that its rare in society to be blessed with a child. And that now he has to back up these burdened women because their dreams have been robbed by "unintended pregnancies". Wow.
Might as well call yourself a killer, Mr.President.
Let me know your thoughts...
sincerely, Rm , 3:42 AM,
2 He said She said
- At 27/1/09 2:35 PM, Charlene Marie said...
-
Women's health ≠ (always) reproductive freedom.
This whole argument stems from mixed definitions of life, accountability, and even murder. Only recently would murdering a pregnant woman result in a double homicide charge.
One certainty is that if FOCA does pull through, there will be a significant shortage of hospitals. No way are they gonna perform abortions. - At 27/1/09 4:48 PM, Charlene Marie said...
-
Catholic hospitals, I mean.



