Why is that, Lord?
5.13.2009
Throughout these passed weeks, I was able to conclude that I do have a lot of friends. Now, I HUMBLY say this (lol). I've got friends from high school, elementary, the ministry, band, new friends/acquaintances I constantly meet and repeatedly run into. And finally my steady group of best friends. And I have an overwhelming handful of close friends within those groups. Close friends I can honestly say that I trust or have had impacting, memorable talks with.
Now, these people make me who I am; the wild, odd, overly awkward, quirky, loud, bold yet occasionally shy, passionate, boy-hobby-lovin', opinionative, poor-grammar-havin', religious, artsy person that I am (of course this depends on how deep they are into my comfort zone). I love that I never have to hold back when it comes to being myself. And I simply just enjoy their company.
And the thing is is that I rarely ever hang out with the same people for like 3 consecutive weeks per say, especially lately. At first I thought there was something wrong with me. Thinking that I'm never content with a steady group of friends or something. And at one point I even concluded that maybe it's because I'm like gonna die soon or something. I don't know. I'm jobin.
For two weeks, which may not seem long, I shut myself out away from any circle of friends...because that's what happens when you go on vacation =p. I thought about it again and asked God, "Why is that, Lord? Why did you have to give me so many friends to give souvenirs to?" [fml moment(btw guys, apparently my mom accidentally threw them out. fmlx2)]. And then he finally gave me answers.
God blessed me with these people to safe guard my heart. He has surrounded me with such beautifully positive, inspiring, happy people! Like I can honestly say that I've learned new things everyday thanks to these people. I've learned to accept the impossible, to exert your best all the time, to let go and let God, to be patient, and to choose to be happy. God has truly blessed me!! He really does care for me! He cares for me enough to pre-occupy my mind. To crowd me with all these people who can help strengthen my relationship with Him. And then when the time is right...once I have been satisfied with Him, He will surprise me with a love of my own, so beautiful. Someone, somewhere. Yup! Full circle.
But in the meantime, I stand extremely grateful for all these amazing individual friendships I've had. I am certain you have impacted my life one way or another! And I thank you! I mean it, dawg!! There truly is/was a purpose for our meeting. TOTES MCGOTES
"Like a lily among thorns, so is my darling among the maidens"
Song of Solomon 2:2
sincerely, Rm , 11:58 PM,


