Taking a dump.
2.10.2010
Music's coming out of my ass.
Turns out music theory is beneficial. (Duh. I know). I find that towards the end of first semester, there has been a significant ease in my songwriting. Not only is it taking dump, but having diarrhea. That EASE, ohh that ease. Feels good.
No more googling: chord progressions (stupid I-V-II-IV). No more looking into songs to trigger ideas (where's the truth in that?). And screw thinking about what people want to listen to. And screw the rules. Wanting to do this for yourself is the most rewarding thing. And everything else just follows. It's my outlet for expressing the things I feel limited to. And having that foundation of where augmented 7th or whatever the hell it is comes from really makes it easier. Whatever sounds good, is good. Whatever feels good, is good.
My goal each time is to stay truthful.
sincerely, Rm , 9:45 PM,


